Vertical colour air photo by Prairie Agri Photo
Flight height: lens focal length:
Scale: 1:6,100 (approx.)
Location: Township 7; Range 11 WI
Map sheets: 1:250,000 62G Brandon
1:50,000 62G/10 Treherne
This large-scale colour air photo obtained in 2000 enables more easy identification of features shown on the smaller scale panchromatic photo in figure 8.56, as well as showing changes that have taken place since the photo in figure 8.56 was taken.
1) Only two of the four elevators remain 1.
2) The racetrack 2 that still seems to be in use (races took place at the track in 2006) and contains a baseball diamond 3 inside it is easily identified.
3) There are more buildings south 4 and west 5 of the track.
4) The large building 6 identified as a hockey rink on 8.56 (#8) has a long, narrow building 7 to the south that is probably a curling rink.
5) A new large building in the west 8 could be a school or a seniors’ residence.
6) Residential settlement has filled in one block 9 and has spread further west 10 and east 11 than on figure 8.56.