Vertical colour air photo by Prairie Agri Photo
Flight height: ; lens focal length:
Scale: 1:13,800 (approx.)
Location: Townships 14 and 15; Range 15 WI
Map sheets: 1:250,000 62J Neepawa
1:50,000 62J/3 Neepawa
This large-scale colour photo reveals some things better than the black and white image on figure 8.45 as well as several changes since that photo was obtained (1964).
1) Both railway lines—the east/west CP line in the north 1 and the north/south CN line in the west 2 still exist, but the elevator (number 8 in 8.45) has gone. However, two big new elevators are located on the CN line 3.
2) The Central Business District 4 is easily identified because it is a different colour than the surrounding residential areas. The older residential areas are dark green 5 due to the abundance of trees.
3) A large light-coloured building just west of the Central Business District 6 is probably a school. Another school located in the north 7 has a running track 8 beside it.
4) West of the running track is a light-coloured building which probably houses both a hockey rink and curling lanes 9. This building is shown on figure 8.45 but was not identified because its dark tone blended in with its surroundings.
5) A poultry farm with long, narrow sheds 10 is located in the southwest.
6) The sewage lagoons are located in the northeast 11; two of them are green 12, presumably due to algae.
7) Several buildings have been constructed west of PTH 5 13.
8) The residential areas of Neepawa have not expanded a lot, but there has been some infilling of spaces in the south 14, north 15, and northeast 16. In the last area there has also been some expansion to the northeast. It is noticeable that although in virtually all of Neepawa the road pattern harmonizes with the DLS system, in this northeastern residential area one road is parallel to the CN railway line (it is named Railway Avenue 17) with other roads at right angles to it 18.