Vertical colour air photo by Prairie Agri Photo
Flight height: ; lens focal length:
Scale 1:7,400 (approx.)
Location: Township 8; Range 10 WI
Map sheets 1:250,000 62G Brandon
1:50,000 62G/10 Treherne
This large-scale colour air photo shows the pattern of roads in Treherne determined by the direction of the CP railway line 1. The village exhibits the classic T-shape of prairie settlements with a road parallel to the railway line 2—the bar of the T—and a road at right angles to that 3—the stem of the T. The latter is the main road of the settlement; it is wider than roads parallel to it and has large buildings 4, probably stores, along it. Cars can be seen 5 parked on this street. Several things can be seen on this photo that are not obvious in Figure 8.14:
1) Vehicles (trucks 6 and cars 7) can be seen on PTH 2 8 that bypasses the village to the north.
2) Two elevators 9, identified by their shadow shape, are located on a siding 10 off the railway line.
3) In the northern part of the village is a large new building 11, possibly a senior citizens’ home or a hospital.
4) In the southwest a field has been cut and partly combined 12.
5) The large building 13 near the centre of the photo is probably a hockey arena.